Thursday, February 5, 2015

Guest Post With Lauren Hammond

Please help me welcome Lauren Hammond, author of These Walls That Bind Me. She's here today talking about her newest novella, These Walls That Bind Me and her favorite reads!

 First off, I'd like to thank Colette for having me on her blog today.
Secondly, today's post is a top five list of some of my favorite reads and why I love them so much, along with some deets on my latest novella, These Walls That Bind Me.
I'm going to go ahead and kick things off with....

5. Ashes to Angels by Natalie McCollum - This book was one word and that word is brilliant. Not only is it dark, but it is raw and edgy too. Combine that with the fact that the dialogue is executed through song lyrics and you've got yourself one unique and epic read. An epic read, indeed.

4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - Who doesn't love a book that makes you question your own thoughts and beliefs? I loved this book so much for that very reason. It made me question my thoughts, my theories, and all of the morals I was raised with.

3. The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber - This book was amazing. I don't know if it was the setting, the interesting choice of a main character, or the structure of the story that made me love it so much. Okay, okay, for me, it was definitely the setting, Victorian London. What else is awesome is that you feel like you witness the climb of a girl from the gutter up close and personally. How it seems more about luck and promiscuity rather than the beauty of Sugar.

2. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher - I like to think that sometimes there is true beauty in heartbreak. Just like I like to think that half of the time happily-ever-afters are a facade because unfortunately they're not always realistic. I don't know if it's just me, but I love any book with a real quality to it and this book has it, hands down.

1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Delirium. Ah, Delirium. I don't think I can ever sing praises for this book enough, the same way I can't imagine what it's like to live in a world where it is forbidden to love someone. For one thing, Oliver's writing is poetic and beautiful. But it's not only that, but story in itself is unique, not to mention moving and at times heart-wrenching.
If you guys get a chance, check these reads out! I promise you, they won't be disappointing!


Also, if you're in the mood for a short, yet fun and emotional read, check out my latest novella, These Walls That Bind Me!
Here's the synopsis -
I love to hate you and I hate to love you.

Ruby Dixon has always believed that every girl has that one guy...
You know...
The one that she just can't let go of.
The one that broke her heart.
The one that got away.
Yes...
Every girl has that one guy.
And Ruby just so happens to be locked in a room with hers.




















Buy Links: 

Barnes and Noble link.